Reading can be an extraordinary activity for children. Not only supports intellectual and social development, but above all meets the emotional needs. Reading gives your child good emotions, wonderful memories and joy of family fun, when feels love and attention.
7 benefits of regular reading to children from the birth:
- Reading to children makes bond within family. Parent’s voice could give a sense of intimacy and well-being, even if young child do not know meaning of reading words. The intimacy of reading to children is such a pleasurable experience that they will have a positive attitude towards reading as they grow up.
- Learning to read is fundamental for children’s education, it introduces the meaning of new words and creates associations helpful in later education. Researches conducted in Great Britain confirmed that children with daily reading experience in their first years develop intellectually and emotionally 30% faster than children without it.
- Young children who like reading tend to do well in school. Many studies show that students who love learning were exposed to reading before preschool.
- Books teach children about relationships, situations, personalities, and provide material for their imagination and free play.
- Regular reading helps children develop listening skills and imagination, young children learn about colours, shapes, numbers, and letters, while older children discover an expanding chain of knowledge.
- Books teach children thinking skills early. Children learn to understand cause and effect, learn to exercise logic, as well as think in abstract terms. They learn the consequences of actions, and the basics of what is right and wrong.
- Family reading is a good fun. When children grew up reading become a pleasurable habit and good opportunity to talk, sharing passions, and better understand each other.